Saturday, January 21, 2012

Altered Valentine Candy Box


Yesterday a few friends and I got together to make this cute little altered Valentine Heart Box. I have been saving these candy boxes for years. Every year my husband and I buy each other a box of chocolates like this. Of course, I eat most of the chocolate! My favorite is Russell Stover. The actual sample you see in the picture above I created a few years ago, and I decided it was the perfect time to play with the candy boxes. After having a delicious lunch of salad and heart shaped desserts, we used a variety of papers--the old Anna Griffin roses and cherubs are perfect, although we used some other light pinks as well, and stamping to decorate the heart shaped tops of the boxes. I have been collecting Valentine stamps for years, and a couple of the ladies brought their favorite Valentine stamps, too. We brightened up the stamping with colored pencils and made ribbon embellished hearts to decorate the tops of the boxes. Our sugar fix kept us going, and the results were lovely. I hope everyone gets to finish the insides of the boxes as well. I have a few new ideas for embellishing the inside with ribbon decorated styrofoam balls substituting for the chocolate. I think they will look as delicious as the chocolate candy tastes!

Here is a list of a few of the stamps you see on this box. Some are surely discontinued but may likely be found on e-bay. A note here: If you find a stamp you love, buy it! Like that beautiful dress in the store, it will be gone if you come back later to get it!
Inkadinkado damask heart: 96127
Inkadinkado love heart: 96126
Impression Obsession Hydrangea Ribbon by Alesa Baker: E6006
Hampton Art Chocolat: 1955
DeNami swans: no number
Hero Arts Heart Flower blossoms: f4489
Hero Arts Valentine ribbon set: LL075

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post! Ԝе will be linking to thiѕ grеat post on our site.
    Кeep uƿ tҺе gгeat writing.

    ңere is my weblog :: Cartier Love Ring Replica (http://www.yayabay.com)

    ReplyDelete