Sunday, January 15, 2012

Thank You Kristina Werner


I saw a fabulous card by Kristina Werner on her Make a Card Monday--you can see the original post here: http://www.kwernerdesign.com/blog/?cat=11
Anyway, she used a letter stamp. I tried to make her card, but since I didn't have a solid letter stamp like she used, I had a lot of trouble. I tried several pattern letter stamps, but they just weren't the same--so I changed stamps. I used a solid heart from Rubber Stampede. I used Colorbox Fluid Chalk ink in Warm Violet. This ink is similar to a pigment ink, but it dries a little faster. One of the advantages of this ink is that you can stamp it once to get a full color image, then you can stamp again without re-inking to get a "shadow" image. You can totally see the effect on the sample. These inks are beautiful and they also usually clean up with just a baby wipe. They do tend to stain stamps, however, especially clear stamps. Oh, back to the card--I used an "I like" altered from an older Hero Arts clear set--remember the Clear Design letter stamps they had a few years ago? I altered it by cutting off the "u" at the end of the phrase and just using the "I like". Since I didn't have a letter "u" I liked, I just die cut the letters "you" from an older QuicKutz set I had. I think it works! Thank you, Kristina Werner, for this idea!

1 comment:

  1. Fun take on Kristina Werner's card and way to use your stash. I am so glad you are making so many Valentine's.

    Thanks so much for all the comments, Jane. I really appreciate hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete