Monday, January 23, 2012

Crazy Quilt Card


I have to say I am crazy about crazy quilts! I love all the velvet and satin mix and match dressed up with ribbon and decorative stitching. I hoped to re-create that look with this card. The easiest thing to do when making a card like this is to cut a background or template that is the exact size of the layer you want to attach to your card, then arrange your elements to fit that template. I am a firm believer in the "whack and sew" method so this card illustrates the "whack and paste" method! I just kept moving papers around until I liked the look and then adhered them in place until the background template was covered. I could then trim around the edges to the exact size I needed. I think this combination of Anna Griffin papers was perfect. I added a little stamping to the bottom of the card and then used a translucent ribbon to make a sheer veil for the sentiment. I actually did some machine sewing on this card, but you could achieve the same look using faux stitching with a fine line pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment