Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Little Cupid Tag


Last week I had fun with a friend making cute little flowers from Sticky Back Canvas. I got the idea for this tag from the Ranger Ink Project files--my flowers turned out a little small so I had to use a #5 tag rather than a #8. We cut the flowers from the canvas using a Sizzix 3D flower die, then inked them with various colors of Distress Ink. I used Milled Lavender, Dusty Concord, Worn Lipstick, and maybe Spun Sugar. After we inked the canvas with the ink via the distressing tool, we spritzed with water. Wow! These inks, like Tim says, are totally reactive with water. When the water hit the ink, pow, pow, pow, the ink just "exploded" on the canvas and became very vibrant. We let the canvas dry, and then rolled the flowers, like for the pinecone die. I don't think I could buy a prettier flower, except for maybe a real rose!

No comments:

Post a Comment